LED is Earth Friendly
Our energy saving and eco friendly grow lights are the smarter choice. They use 90% of their electrical energy to produce useable light energy. Compare this to HIDs, which only use 25% of their energy for light, with the other 75% going to heat. Our powerful LED grow lights reduce the need for cooling equipment and create huge savings in electricity.
The cost savings of more efficient LEDs is further enhanced by being able to run your indoor garden at a higher temperature thanks to not having excessive infrared light coming from the light. This reduces the leaf surface temperature when compared to a garden running at the same temperature with HID lighting. Being able to keep your garden at a higher temperature with eco friendly led lights leads to huge savings on cooling bills.
But more importantly, by switching from HID to LED, you save the environment from being exposed to toxic mercury. Every single Metal Halide (MH), High Pressure Sodium (HPS), and fluorescent light bulb that is replaced contributes mercury to our landfills and in many places, to our groundwater.