FILTER BY CATEGORY
- Commercial Growing
- Spectrum / Color
- Light Measurements / Comparing Lights
- Product Design
- Deployment / Installation
- Superior Yield + Quality
- All Categories
- View All
FILTER BY TYPE
- Customer Testimonials
- Complete Grow Kits Videos
Grow-Along Series Videos
- Autoflowering Cannabis in a 2x2 Foot Tent
- Burmese Kush in a 3x3 Foot Tent
- Super Lemon Haze in a 2.5x2.5 Foot Tent
- High CBD Hemp in a 4x4 Foot Tent
- Multiple Strains in a 4x4 Foot Tent
- Multiple Strains in a 4x4 Foot Tent, Round 2
- 9 'Blackberry Fizz' in a 3x3 Foot Tent
- 4 'MAC' in a 2x4 Foot Tent
- 4 'Kimbo Kush' in a 5x5 Foot Tent
- 4 'Golden Goat' in a 3x3 Foot Tent
- 4 'Gelato 33' in a 2x2 Foot Tent
Growing How-To Videos
- Planting Seeds
- Taking Cuttings / Making Clones
- Nutrient Mixing
- Watering Plants
- Transplanting Plants
- Topping Plants in Vegetative Growth
- Thinning / Trimming Plants in Early Flower
- Scrogging / Netting Plants
- Trimming, Drying and Curing Flowers
- Sexing Plants
- Insect and Mite Control
- CO2 Supplementation
- Case Study Videos
- Cannabis Timelapse Videos
- Fun Videos
- Webinars, Seminars and Presentations
- Grow Calculators
- View All
LED diodes are rated based on the amount of power (wattage) they can theoretically handle, if they are perfectly cooled. Some LED grow light compan...
Many HID (HPS, MH, LEC / CMH) lighting fixture manufacturers advertise that their aluminum reflectors are 98% reflective, and therefore reflect 98%...
LEDs typically have a plastic, silicone or glass lens over the actual LED die (the name of the chip that actually produces light); this lens helps ...
What type of diode do we use? Here at Black Dog LED, we pride ourselves in providing indoor growers with the highest quality spectrum and most inte...
What about these 10-watt white LEDs? First, it is important to know what "white" light really is. White is not a spectral color, but rather a combi...
The simple answer is: deeper than any other grow light of the same wattage. Unfortunately, there is no single answer to exactly how deep our lights...
Both numbers are important to consider. Measuring total photon flux is like looking at the total flow rate of a showerhead. A showerhead that puts ...
We use grow lights with primary lenses because they allow the light produced from an LED to most efficiently reach your plants. To understand why, ...
Total Photon Flux or Photon Flux (PF) is a measurement of the total number of photons coming out of a light source per second. It counts all photon...
Photosynthetic Active Radiation (PAR) designates the spectrum or range of colors of light from 400 to 700 nanometers that plants are able to use fo...
Yield Photon Flux (YPF) is a measure of light intensity, weighted based on the light wavelength's usefulness to plants when it is the only color of...
It's easy to be confused by the idea of beam angle and how it can affect plant growth. Each individual diode (LED stands for Light-Emitting Diode) ...
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.